Sunday 26 July 2015

I Got Spendy

Sooooo, since coming back to Suffolk for the summer and resuming my full time job, I've finally got some wonga back in the bank. Although I'm "saving" for the "future" and boring things like that, I had a day off today and couldn't resist hitting the drug store and Topshop, and thought I'd share the damage!

Beauty Haul July'15
Clothes - MOTO Denim Button Front A-Line Skirt in Black (£28) (Topshop), Plunge V-Neck Cami in Black (£16) (Topshop)
Products - (from Middle to top and then clockwise) Makeup Revolution Highlighter in Golden Lights (£3), Rimmel Lasting Finish Cream Concealer (£5.49), Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil and Gel in Brunette (£7.99), B Blusher and Contour Brush (£7.49), Burt's Bees Lip Balm in Coconut (£3.99), Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£5.99), Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Bluffing (£4.49), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer (£6.99), Rimmel Kate Shadow Stick in Rose Gold (£4.49), Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49)


Beauty Haul July'15 2

I just thought I'd do a quick summary of my thought processes here in terms of the makeup items I picked up. Firstly, I'm in serious need of some new makeup brushes as I have used the Real Techniques Buffing and Expert Face brushes to absolute death, so much so that even a good old clean can't fix them (RIP). I've been really tempted by their beauty blenders and after seeing Anna's post about it, I thought why not, lets give it a go! I'm so excited to try it, especially with the new brightening eye concealers that I have picked up as well. I'm hoping they will go hand in hand. The contour brush was a bit of a bargain in Superdrug and I needed a brush to chisel in to my cheek bones and I'm hoping this will do just that!
The Rimmel creamy concealer has been something I've wanted to pick up since I saw it's release. I've been seriously loving the Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer which seems fairly similar, as I look for a really high coverage concealer due to my spotty chin. Rimmel was on a buy one get one half price offer in Boots so I couldn't resist picking up some more Scandaleyes shadow sticks, and when I saw the Rose Gold one by Kate my eyes went all hearty like the emoji. It is BEAUTIFUL I can't wait to wear it, and it's also waterproof so really long lasting and I absolutely adore the Scandaleyes in Bronze so I'm hoping these next two will be just as awesome. 
Finally, my L'Oreal Brow Plumper is running a little low and I wanted to try a new brow product (veering away from powders as I have a sweaty brow I can't lie), and the Revlon one looked like my best bet to fill the hole, if it fails though I will go straight back to L'Oreal as I seriously love that product. 

Beauty Haul July'15 3

If I'm honest, I'm a bit of a flop when it comes to fashion. I have a stupid amount of clothes that I am constantly handing down to my sister or giving away due to stupid purchases that I don't think about and end up never wearing. So due to this, I've pushed myself away from buying clothes and therefore can't say I'm particularly up to date with the latest trends and what not. BUT, watching Lily Pebbles' mini look book with the blue cami I knew she was on to something and had to pick one up myself, I'm more of a monochrome type of gal though so snapped it up in black. I can tell already that I am going to absolutely live in it. 
The second piece is the A-line skirt we're seeing everywhere and to make myself feel a bit more in the loop I went for it! Again in black though because I love my vintage Levi's denim jacket which is in blue and I wear it with everything and I'm not sure I can quite pull off the double denim look.

That's this weeks post all done and dusted, my boyfriend is here for the weekend which I'm so happy about. It will also give me a good chance to try out these new things as usually I'm just working at the weekend but some nice outings will call for some nice outfits/faces so I'll put some bits to the test

kluvyabye x

No comments:

Post a Comment