Thursday 2 July 2015

Makeup Haul & Review

Hello again internet, I am sure that no one noticed my absence but June was mental with exams and what not so I couldn't really get properly in to blogging. However it is my project for the summer so I thought it might be nice to start again with a lovely haul! Here is the damage: 

Products - from left sort of clockwisey... L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper, Maybelline Excess Shimmer Pot, Kiko lipstick in 602 and lip liner in 702, Maybelline The Nudes eyeshadow pallete, Mac 3D Mascara, Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick, Mac Eyeshadow in Woodwinked and FINALLY Bourjois Colourband eyeshadow stick.

A distinct bronze theme no? I've got so much time for bronze shadows as I think it really makes my weird blue/green/orange/brown eyes POP - my absolute favourite purchase of the whole haul is the Maybelline Excess Shimmer Pot in 25 Bronze (aka the little pot thing). It's so gorgeous I can't even; I found it goes best on with a brush because a lot comes off on my fingers and it also works best when I apply a big thick coat and keep building up and up for the most colour. My only slight complaint is that it does take a while to apply and doesn't blend amazingly, I tried to fluffy brush blend the outer bits and the colour came off and just left the colourless shimmer BUT saying that it's worth it because it looks haaaawt.

Another fave from the haul that i've used every day since is the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Medium/Dark, it's like the Benefit Gimme Brow but better because it's bigger and cheaper and the darker colour suits my brows better. It is a little bit crunchy which is a slight drawback but generally it's a gooden for the price and I will definately repurchase!


*Rave time* so, I've been lusting over Mac eyeshadows for ever but being poor 90% of the time I have never been able to justify the purchase (more to come on that in a later post). However, on a whim I bought my first ever and oh my gosh it is so amazing. It's the Mac Velvet Duluxe in Woodwink and I use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in creamy beige as a base and then smother my eyelids in it on top and it looks awesome (if I say so myself!). The colour is like a bronzey-orangey-coppery brown and looks like i'm wearing 3 different shadows at once, especially in the crease as it goes all orange and amazing. IN LOVE. I've worn it basically every day that i've properly done my make up and it's so fab which is probably a bad thing because I know that now I've popped my Mac cherry I won't be able to stop (sorry bank)!

The things I didn't love so much was the Bourjois Colourstay Eyeshadow Stick in 02 (Brun), I bought it because I wanted to replace my Rimmel Scandaleyes version in the bronze but thought I would branch out instead of repurchasing but I hated it. It has next to no colour and doesn't blend out and compared to the Rimmel one it's just awful so have only used it once. The Seventeen Shimmer Brick is also something I thought I would use constantly but actually haven't found a use for yet. I thought I might use them as shadows but since my other items have done such good jobs it's been a bit forgotten. I find it way way too shimmery as a bronzer which is what it's intended for so it's been a bit discarded sadly.

Without getting too wordy which I'm conscious of - the Maybelline Nudes palette is really lovely and useful, the top right shades are amazing in the crease to add some depth and the others I am still experimenting with to find the perfect combo. I'm not a lipstick person so bought the Kiko one on a whim and have worn it a couple of times, it's a nice neutral but a bit glossy for me so I prefer wearing the lip pencil on it's own as I am a sucker for the matte finish. And finally the Mac 3D mascara was a repurchase and one I will buy again and again because it's amazing.

Sorry for the words, I'm still learning about this blogging lark so would love to hear any comments or feedback. Really gonna get my bum in gear with the whole thing as I have some "great" ideas so please do watch this space.

kloveyabye x

No comments:

Post a Comment